- The Tabby Awards celebrate the best tablet apps and games, in order to encourage excellence, to help developers and publishers develop and adopt best practices, and to accelerate the growth of the tablet ecosystem.
- Judges are appointed by The Tabby Awards among professionals having an expertise in app or game development and/or publishing, with the additional contribution of some analysts, journalists and expert users or gamers.
The next competition will be launched in early 2015. Our 2015 panel of judges will include:
Judges must declare any potential conflict of interest before the voting process begins. If any judge has an interest in a piece submitted to the competition, he/she is not authorized to vote in the corresponding category.
- The panel of judges reserves the right to decide the judging criteria and their respective importance.
- As a guideline, judges are encouraged to consider the following criteria: Value for user, Speed, Concept, Navigation, Design, Innovation, Ease of use, Use of tablet device functions, Performance.
- Judges consider the app itself, and the supporting information provided in the submission.
- Judging panel deliberations are confidential.
- Judging panel reserves the right to change an entry category.
- Judging panel reserves the right to combine several categories into a single one, or to split a category in several categories.
- Judging panel proclaims one or several nominee(s) and one winner per category.
- Judging panel reserves the right not to grant an award in any category where the highest standards of excellence are not met.
- Judging panel decisions are final.
If you would like to serve as a judge in this or in a future competition, see our call for judges.