- The Tabby Awards celebrate the best tablet apps and games, in order to encourage excellence, to help developers and publishers develop and adopt best practices, and to accelerate the growth of the tablet ecosystem.
- Judges are appointed by The Tabby Awards among professionals having an expertise in app or game development and/or publishing, with the additional contribution of some analysts, journalists and expert users or gamers.
The 2014 panel of judges included:
Technology director, Huge
- Osama Abdel-Karim
Operations Manager, vimov (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Kwabena Ampofo
CEO, S.O.S. Gamers and New York City Chapter President, ECA
- Daniel Benchimol
- Victor Bergonzoli
CEO, Dartfish (a previous Tabby Awards winner)
- Judy Brown
Mobile analyst, Advanced Distributed Learning
- David Chai
Product & Partner Marketing Manager, WeatherBug – Earth Networks (a previous Tabby Awards winner)
- Nick Coleman
Owner, Nick Coleman, LLC (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Martin Dufort
- Heather Ellertson
Vice President of Marketing, ECA
- Nathan Feldman
Manager Mobile Product Development, Warner Bros. Entertainment (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Rich Foreman
CEO and Co-Founder, Apptology (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Michael Grover
VP, Digital Products, The Channel Company
- Leslie Guzman
New Jersey Chapter President, ECA
- Anthony Haslage
Ohio State Chapter Administrator, ECA
- Jeff Klaumann
Head of Samsung Apps US, Samsung Electronics
- Eric Lamy
Vermont Chapter President, ECA
- Luke Li
Art Director, 360i
- Lisa Lytton
Director, Digital Editions, National Geographic Magazine (a previous Tabby Awards winner)
- Aaron Molloy
- Deborah Moschella Saks
Director of User Services, Framingham State University
- Ana Ormaetxea
Co-founder of both Tablet Army and Tab Innovation
- Gonçalo Perdigão
Head of TV Product Management, Portugal Telecom (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Matthew Pierce
Head of photography, Future publishing (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Aoife Prendergast
Lecturer, Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown and Senior Careers Consultant, Sli Nua Careers
- Michael Rougeau
Editor, TabTimes Games
- Teri Rousseau
Founder, Multimedia Consulting & Chief Marketing Advisor, Reading Rainbow (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Mike Smithwick
Owner/Founder, First Light Design (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Nick Sutherland
Head of Consumer Input, SwiftKey
- D.J. Swanepoel
Marketing Manager, MEDL Mobile (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Linda van de Zande
Graphic designer, Carolina Country
- Hendrik van der Meer
Judges must declare any potential conflict of interest before the voting process begins. If any judge has an interest in a piece submitted to the competition, he/she is not authorized to vote in the corresponding category.
- The panel of judges reserves the right to decide the judging criteria and their respective importance.
- As a guideline, judges are encouraged to consider the following criteria: Value for user, Speed, Concept, Navigation, Design, Innovation, Ease of use, Use of tablet device functions, Performance.
- Judges consider the app itself, and the supporting information provided in the submission.
- Judging panel deliberations are confidential.
- Judging panel reserves the right to change an entry category.
- Judging panel reserves the right to combine several categories into a single one, or to split a category in several categories.
- Judging panel proclaims one or several finalist(s) and one winner per category.
- Judging panel reserves the right not to grant an award in any category where the highest standards of excellence are not met.
- Judging panel decisions are final.
If you would like to serve as a judge in a future competition, see our call for judges.