- The Tabby Awards celebrate the best tablet apps and games, in order to encourage excellence, to help developers and publishers develop and adopt best practices, and to accelerate the growth of the tablet ecosystem.
- More specifically, The Tabby Awards /Business ultimately aims to help organizations make the best use of tablets and apps for their organizational purposes.
- Judges are appointed by The Tabby Awards among professionals having an expertise in app development, design and/or publishing, with the additional contribution of analysts, journalists, expert users, tablet industry professionals and business people.
The 2014 panel of judges include:
- Alex Bratton
CEO, Lextech and author, Billion Dollar Apps
- Jeff Klaumann
Executive Director, Product Management, YPO – Young Presidents’ Organization
- Josh Almeida
President, Ascend Studios (a previous Tabby Awards winner)
- Alex Bardis
Partner & Head of Creative, Rex Bites
- Steven Beggs
Senior Manager, Learning Innovation, The Home Depot Canada
- Nathalie Benoit
VP Marketing, SOFTPRO NA
- Bruce Johnson
Associate Partner, SAP Mobility & Innovation, IBM
- Indus Khaitan
Senior Director, Product Management, Oracle
- David Klein
VP of Product Management, Brainshark (a previous Tabby Awards winner)
- Juli Kremer
Mobile Strategy and Partner Development, Troy Apps Software (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Marta Madarasz
Product manager, Prezi (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Scott McKenzie
- Kevin Mooney
CEO and Co-Founder, SFVision Technologies (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Mary Perisic
Sr. Partner Marketing Manager, Microsoft
- Gautham Pandiyan
VP of Sales & Marketing, Mi-Co
- Sebastian Roberts
Marketing Manager, AsdeqDocs (a previous Tabby Awards winner)
- Ravin Shah
Founder & Co-CEO, TabbleDabble
- Roderick Shore
Owner/Founder, Shore Roofing
- Randhir Vieira
VP Product and Marketing, Mindflash (a previous Tabby Awards finalist)
- Ofer Yourvexel
(If you wish to be considered or to recommend someone for a future competition, please review our Call for judges.)
Judges must declare any potential conflict of interest before the voting process begins. If any judge has an interest in a piece submitted to the competition, he/she is not authorized to vote in the corresponding category.
- The panel of judges reserves the right to decide the judging criteria and their respective importance.
- As a guideline, judges are encouraged to consider the following criteria: Innovation, Suitability/Optimization for tablets, Design/UX, Ease of use, Performance/reliability, Overall value for individual user, Business value for organization
- Judges consider the app itself but also the supporting information provided in the submission.
- Judging panel deliberations are confidential.
- Judging panel reserves the right to change an entry category.
- Judging panel reserves the right to combine several categories into a single one, or to split a category in several categories.
- Judging panel proclaims one or several finalist(s) and one winner per category.
- Judging panel reserves the right not to grant an award in any category where the highest standards of excellence are not met.
- Judging panel decisions are final.